Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter

I haven't been back to Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter (GRAW) since getting Fight Night 3 and Burnout Revenge. Not that it isn't every bit as great a game ... better, in many respects ... but I'm simply stuck. While the beginning of the game is a challege, the fifth level is excruciatingly difficult, mainly because of a flawed checkpoint system that penalizes you if you've lost too much life early on, or wasted too much ammo ... leaving you to start critical areas at a massive disadvantage. It was really disappointing, because it's either fight through that disadvantage, or fight through the entire level again, neither of which is appealing enough to have me tackle them.

Other than that, I've been thrilled with the game, and I'm looking forward to going back to it once I've tired of blowing up cars or punching people in the face. Or spending hours upon hours playing Oblivion, which is also quickly becoming a replacement for WOW for me.

No comments: