Toshiba Tecra M4 on the Way!
My Tecra M4 should be shipping soon, and I’ve been spending my evenings getting all the relevant patches, drivers, utilities, and information so that I can get up and running as soon as I receive my new toy.
One thing I found over at Tablet PC Buzz was a post on doing a clean install without having a Tablet PC image that didn’t contain all Toshiba’s bloatware. It turns out that you can create just such an image with nothing more than a copy of Windows XP and the Service Packs. Since Service Pack 2 upgrades Tablet PC Edition to Tablet PC Edition 2005, it contains all of the necessary files. Better yet, this is an acceptable method, because the information comes directly from Microsoft!
Anyway, I’m really looking forward to putting this machine through its paces early on, before school gets started and I have to spend more time working and less time tweaking. I’m going to have a very busy couple of years ahead of me, and this should help out a lot.
Update: Maybe "soon" was too strong a word. Got word today that the estimated ship date is now September 1st. Gwar!
1 comment:
Did you get it yet? What do you think?
Post a Comment