Leisure Suit Larry Banned in Australia
Another over-reactive government that simply isn't as "free" as America has banned a game that despite clear content indicators, is deemed to risque to be played by anyone.
Here's an idea ... rather than banning a game because it's cartoon boobies might be too impressionable, why don't we just start banning games that are simply too STUPID to be played by anyone?!
Seriously, the new Larry game is harmless as far as the content goes, but is ultimately just plain stupid. Most of the games that get banned aren't even GOOD games, and I think that's more dangerous to the impressionable than anything else is.
Of course, I think the better idea is to simply allow people to make, sell, and buy stupid games, if that's what they choose to do. I'd rather encourage them to do better, and to demand better. Legislation isn't the answer, higher standards are.
No comments:
Post a Comment