Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Congrats Paul Hamm, Women Swimmers!

In what has to be one of the most amazing comeback's I've ever seen, Paul Hamm manages to overcome a spill on a vault and a drop from 1st to 12th place, to win the Gold. Hamm performed two outstanding routines, and with a little luck getting to go last in the high bar, he did what people thought might be impossible.

13-thousandths of a point. That was his entire lead at the end of the night. Unbelieveable.

Right now, the US is cleaning up in the medal race, but more important than that (as far as I'm concerned), is the stories being told. NBC is doing a very good job profiling the athletes, and even remaining non-partisan ... with one exception ...

Andrea Joyce.

This bitch literally went and attacked some of the USA Women Gymnasts last night, and I swear, it seemed like the questions she was asking were designed to get them to cry on camera. They just lost, and douchebag is offering no consolation whatsoever. The girls even had that "What the fuck is your problem?" look on their faces. They effectively blew her off, and to that, I say "Good for them!"

It's one thing to be a good reporter, and to ask the "hard questions". It's another thing entirely to be a heartless witch, trying to make yourself look good on camera by being overly critical and harsh.

I'm ranting again, so I'll just finish by saying another Congrats to the Women Swimmers, crushing a World Record over 15 years old, and by a full 2-seconds. Way to go!

No comments: