Six Degrees of Rafi Mohammed
I've talked before (on the Marketsync blog) about one of my Intro to Marketing textbooks, The Art of Pricing, by Rafi Mohammed. It's a fascinating book, and one that I've thought about while going through some interesting pricing challenges in my work. I consider Rafi's work right up there with the likes of Malcolm Gladwell and Steve Levitt in terms of insightfulness.
So I was surprised to receive an e-mail from the author today. What! A famous author reads my blog? Wow! Rafi told me that he's launched a website companion to his book, with useful pricing tools and a blog of his own. His most recent blog post was about his pricing conversation with rock legend Don Henley. It's a mildly amusing story, if only because I've learned form personal experience that sometimes the best brushes with fame come from suppressing your desire to gush like a starry-eyed fan and try to have an actual conversation.
Then it struck me. I'm now just two degrees of separation from Don Henley! Thanks, Rafi!
Another tiny anecdote ... Rafi's sister teaches in the Nursing program here at UW Bothell. What a small world!
No comments:
Post a Comment