Second Place, But Still a Winner!
My group came in second in the competition at FOLC, where we were tasked with creating an advertising campaign to promote the City of Leavenworth. Our team ended up creating an entire new festival for Leavenworth (the "Bavarian Egg Festival"), complete with its own ad campaign and promotional opportunities, and while that risk ended up costing us the nice plaques awarded to the first place team, we received our own reward after the event. Turns out that the City Council members liked the idea so much, they're planning to go forward with the event this coming March, and want our group to come back and be a part of it!
It's times like this that I'm reminded that sometimes, it's not about who comes in first at a technical level. We did our research, and found that a better opportunity had presented itself. The group debated the merits of sticking to rules or taking the calculated risk of giving them something different than what they wanted. We might not have come in first, but I think the reaction of the City Council shows that we were winners of a different kind.
1 comment:
Rob congrats on the Egg Festival. I'm curious to see what all that entails. We do love our festivals!!! My favorites are the Christmas Lighting and Oktoberfest, but I'm keeping an open mind as far the Egg Festival goes. (If you're making it up, then I guess the yolks on me.)
Post a Comment