Thursday, April 27, 2006

Idol Results from Last Night

As I mentioned last March, I was predicting that Chris Daughtry and Katherine McPhee would be the final two at the end of this season. Last night seemed to telegraph that eventuality, as Daughtry and McPhee were the top two of the final six in votes last night. This despite McPhee performing first (usually a one-way ticket to the bottom of the voting), and getting absolutely lambasted by the judges for daring perform a Whitney Houston song. "By choosing that song, it's like coming out here and saying 'I am as good as Whitney Houston.' And you're not." Damned good thing too, because I'd be pissed if they tried to compare me to that coked-out ex-star.

Seriously though, McPhee and Daughtry have both flirted with the bottom of the voting bracket, but McPhee could have been in real trouble this week. Perhaps voters felt bad for the overly-harsh comments, perhaps they liked the sight of McPhee threatening to come out of her dress through the entire performance, or perhaps it was the gratuitous panty shot as the result of a poor camera angle. Whatever the case, it's looking more and more like my prediction is coming true.

Kellie Pickler finally landed herself a ticket home, her down-home country charm and atrocious performances became too much for mainstream America to handle. Good thing, too ... I was beginning to lose my faith in humanity. Paris appears to be the next to head home, despite far more talent than a girl her age should posses. She's been in the bottom three for three weeks solid, now.

No comments: