FOXNews.com - Mixed Emotions on Tony Snow's New White House Role - Brian Wilson | Tony Snow | Weekend Live
I'm sure the "Snow Job" jokes will never get old. Er, wait ... just did.
Tony Snow has been selected to replace Scott McClellan as White House Press Secretary. Snow was previously a speechwriter for the previous President Bush (Aitch-Dub, not Dubya), and less previously, was a talking head for GOP-TV ... er, FOX News.
I aspired to be a journalist once. I thought that covering the White House would be an interesting and possibly glamourous job. Then I read this quote and thanked my lucky stars that I no longer have such aspirations:One former press secretary compared the White House briefing room to Mensa kindergarten. The reporters there are frustrated and borderline angry most of the time because they actually have very little access to those they are trying to cover. They are perpetually in a bad mood because they spend their days in miserable little closets devoid of sunshine, eating out of vending machines, routinely having to stand in line to use the bathroom. I know all this because I was once one of them. I thank the good Lord each and every day that I no longer live in that dungeon.
The article at FOX News sums up my thoughts about Snow's selection far better than I could ever hope to, so here it is:Tony Snow has been given the job of White House press secretary, which causes me to have mixed emotions. Because I count Tony as a friend, I am happy for his personal success. I also worry about the man's sanity. You have to be half crazy to want that job.
No comments:
Post a Comment