Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A funny thing happened on the way to Best Buy ...

I showed up at my pre-arranged time to relieve Andru, who needed to take his son to an appointment. I'm chatting with the inordinately large number of Microsoft employees waiting in line (this Best Buy was the closest to Redmond) and due to some complaints from line squatters further back, the Best Buy management announced that they were going to hand out "pre-tickets", in order to keep line jumping to a minimum. Despite a two-hour warning, Andru wasn't able to get back in time to get his ticket. So the poor guy, who had waited overnight, didn't get a ticket, but I did.

Once Andru was able to get back to the line, we worked things out. Andru had a couple other possibilities for 360 units, but just in case, I gave him my ticket. I had a class to get to anyway. Since my review unit I shifted to Andru, I just asked that he let me retain the right to buy the 360 back from him at some point, so he was able to get our coverage up tonight. He's going to try to get a couple other units from Sam's Club this morning, by virtue of a Business Membership that gets him in early. No sweat, I thought. I'm hardly going to have time to play with it much until after the holidays anyway. I could crank out my reviews, but that was about it.

I left for class, running about 10 minutes late for a class that I knew would have a quiz ... and the instructor isn't there. Ten minutes later, everyone leaves, and I feel like I just wasted a lot of time (and gas) going to a class that didn't happen, not to mention abandoning Andru to the line. My instructor eventually did show up, so I got a couple bonus points out of the deal, and even gave the instructor a lift home.

I got home around 7:30PM ... to find my review copies of Project Gotham Racing 3 and Kameo waiting for me. Now I feel like a real imbecile. Hopefully Andru will have some good news in the morning, and managed to snag an extra 360 or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that says a lot about you. Hopefully you'll get one soon enough.