Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Pixel du Jour » Blog Archive » The Best a Man Can Get… + 2 More

Amidst lawsuits and other strange razor-industry dealings, the battle over cramming the most blades into a disposable razor has been raging ever onward. Two was the standard, until the Gillette Mach 3 ... not to be outdone by the Schick Quadro or something like that. Gillette sues Schick, claiming to have patented adding more blades to a razor. But what about the guy who thought to add a second?

Well, I think Gillette just brought out the tac-nukes, introducing what they're calling the first five-blade razor. Five Blades! But wait ... there's actually a sixth trimming blade on the back, for tender regions that we won't discuss.

Like the Mach 3, there is a "Power" version of this one, which I'm a little scared of. Water and batteries really don't mix, and the commericals say that "micropulses lift the hair", which sounds a little too close to "we electrocute you before we slice your face open".

I may just try one of these, though ... call it a crazy sort of social experiment.

No comments: