Monday, August 01, 2005

How to get into the Drug Business, without really trying ...

I posted this because it illustrates something important, I thought. Drug dealers, meth dealers in particular, are NOT who you think they are. They aren't like what you see on TV and in the movies. It's the guy next door, the girl down the street. It can be anyone, and the idea of going to "war" with the average American is an idea that needs to be challenged. In a time when there are REAL wars to be fought (and I'm not saying whether our war on Terrorism is one of them), spending ridiculous amounts of money fighting against our own seems to be the wrong path to choose.

That's not to say that drugs are OK, or that drug dealers are misunderstood ... but that there has to be a better solution than more jail time, more prisons, more police shootouts in suburban neighborhoods.

read more | digg story

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://mcwilliams.com/books/books/aint/

This book is all you need to read on this subject. I read it nearly 10 years ago, and I still recommend it to anyone who doesn't take what's told to them.