Sunday, July 10, 2005

End of my first week ...

Well, my first week at CallVision seemed to go well. It's a bit slow, but that's understandable, since they primarily hired me in anticipation of their growth, as well as to cover the early shift (which I can't do until I have some of the other things I need. I'm sure I'll be busier as I start taking on some side projects and additional responsibility as well. It looks like I might actually be covering the Australian shift over the summer, which will be nice, since I'll get my Fridays and Saturdays off.

I did make one small gaffe this week, as I completely forgot about a company meeting Friday morning, and showed up half an hour late. My manager fell on the sword for me, assuming it was because he forgot to tell me about it (which he did), but I had already known about the meeting through my orientation, so it certainly wasn't his fault.

Of course, adjusting to a new schedule and trying to take care of my sick wife and puppy ended up in me catching a cold. Seems like a 24 hour bug, because I'm feeling better now, but I'm going to pick up some DayQuil on my way to work tomorrow.

I'm going to be having some fun stuff sent to me in the coming months to review, and while full reviews will end up at Gear Live (and a few other places), I'll be posting some unfiltered stuff here, just for the heck of it. I'm going to be trying a project for my first quarter at the UW, using a Tablet PC to go as paperless as I can. I'll be scanning all of my textbooks, assignments, etc., and using the Tablet to keep track of everything, as well as taking notes with digital ink.

I sent a note over to Robert Scoble to find out if the Longhorn beta (due at the end of the month) will have some of the Tablet PC enhancements that I saw some concept stuff of a while back. I haven't gotten an invite yet, but considering how long I've been beta testing for Microsoft (I was one of the original 200,000 testers Microsoft selected), I can't imagine that I won't get one.

1 comment:

Rob Bushway said...

I'll be following your Tablet PC adventures with anticipation.