Sunday, April 17, 2005

A non-fun couple of weeks ...

So I've been gone for a while following my trip to LA. Apparently the flight back from LA resulted in exacerbating a problem I had in the wisdom teeth on my left side. After a completely sleepless night Tuesday the 5th, where I couldn't be without pain unless my mouth was full of COLD water, I called my sister (who is a dental hygenist in Shoreline) and made an emergency appointment for Thursday. I got a prescription for Vicodin, and if it gives you any idea ... it didn't even take the edge off of the pain. I went to class Wednesday, and left after an hour because I couldn't concentrate, and went to the bathroom a bazillion times to either refill my waterbottle and/or pee.

Thursday came, and I eventually made it to the dentist's office for my emergency extraction, but not before running out of water on the drive there and nearly blacking out as I pulled into the driveway. I will say that Dr. Gerald Becker was fantastic, efficient, and 90 minutes after he started, I was waiting for my wife to pick me up with a couple less teeth and no more pain.

I still have to go back, I'm going to have the other side done before my trip back to LA next month, just to make sure there are no problems. I just don't know when I'm going to find the time ...

Anyway, just as I'm recovering from my extraction, I manage to catch a cold. Just a nasty little 48-hour thing, but enough where I'm still stuffy a day or so later. While I'm sick, I'm trying to manage a server migration for my friends at Planet GameCube, which is not going well because my internet connection keeps falling apart. We also got some bad news about the folks that own our house, which is going to necessitate us moving by June 1st. We have a new place lined up, but my wife and I are both terribly busy and I have no idea when we're going to be able to pack up, much less actually get moved.

Finally, I've got a meeting at United Parcel Service Tuesday (at 5:30 AM!) for a part-time gig as a package handler, which I'm only considering because of the fantastic benefits ... $3000 in Tuition a year, plus up to $8000 in student loans which UPS could even pay back for you (probably hinging on length of service). That would certainly pay for my final two years at the University of Washington ... that is, if I get the job. We'll see what happens.

No comments: