Saturday, November 06, 2004

The Incredibles is, well ... INCREDIBLE!

Pixar has done it again, and The Incredibles is an instant classic. The film is incredibly heartwarming and funny, the animation is excellent, and the attention to detail is just mindblowing. I love the little gestures that we take for granted in film that's very hard to achieve in animation. Specifically, I really got a kick out of seeing how they made the changes as the characters age ... Bob's receeding hairline, Helen's "mom ass", the interplay between the kids.

The voice acting was superb as well. Craig T. Nelson pulled out a very moving performance, the kind we haven't seen from him since Poltergeist. Holly Hunter was great, Jason Lee was perfectly understated (compared to his usual performances), and Sam Jackson stole the show as Frozone. The biggest surprise though was the fashion designer Edna Mode ... who I only found out later was voiced by none other than Brad Bird, the director of the movie.

I simply can't wait for this movie to come out on DVD. I'm desperate to see it again, and it's just a shame that my dwindling finances mean I'm going to be waiting for several months to be so thoroughly entertained.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, my name, too, is Rob Stevens. I found you on Google. Good post, my friend. I, too, have a blog, but that remains my own. Later.

SuperRob said...

Well, from one Rob Stevens to another ... welcome! I hope you find something useful in all of this. :)

carlosthedwarf said...

Er... Where'd you go?

- "The Old Rob Stevens" (I searched Google again)