Monday, September 06, 2004

MSNBC - I Want a Movie! Now!

I just got back from a nice, three-day weekend with wife and dog at the family cabin, and come back to read the most amazing news EVER. Two companies that I whole-heartedly endorse, without any sort of virtual reach-around, have signed a deal. TiVo and Netflix are going to start offering DVD's sent over the Internet with your movies now arriving in mere hours instead of a couple days. Obviously, you'd have to have a Net connection to your TiVo, but with their Home Media Option now being offered for free, the barrier to entry has been lowered.

It's going to be interesting to see how the MPAA and others look at this. In the meantime, this is so amazingly cool, I need to go do a little dance. Good thing for you guys I don't have that web cam hooked up.

No comments: